About Saint Joseph Health System
The first institution in South Bend to care for the sick, Saint Joseph's Hospital was established in 1882 by the Sisters of the Holy Cross. Today, SJRMC is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health, the fourth largest Catholic healthcare system in the country. We provide personalized, faith-based care paired with the latest in advanced medical technology and procedures.
We are proud to provide private rooms at all of our hospitals, as we strive to create a healing environment and deliver excellence in the patient care experience. In addition, thanks to tremendous support from our communities and the fundraising efforts of our Foundation, our community health centers and outreach programs provide critical medical services for the uninsured and underinsured members of our population.
Our system includes:
- 254-bed acute care hospital at the Mishawaka Campus
- 58-bed acute care hospital at the Plymouth Campus
- 40-bed Saint Joseph Rehabilitation Institute
- 20 practices of the Saint Joseph Physician Network
- Community health centers and additional points of access
Our locations include:
- Mishawaka Campus - 5215 Holy Cross Parkway, Mishawaka, IN
- Plymouth Campus - 1915 Lake Ave, Plymouth, IN
- Rehabilitation Institute - 60205 Bodnar Blvd, Mishawaka, IN
- Elm Road Medical Campus - 60101 Bodnar Blvd, Mishawaka, IN
- Medical Imaging Center - 53940 Carmichael Drive, South Bend, IN
We serve together in Trinity Health in the spirit of the Gospel to heal body, mind and spirit, to improve the health of our communities, and to steward the resources entrusted to us.
Guided by our faith-based traditions, we will provided exceptional health care to all we serve.
Our Core Values
Respect, Social Justice, Compassion, Care for the poor and underserved, and Excellence.
At SJHS, our values give us strength. That character guides every decision we make - even when those decisions are complicated, costly, or hard. We honor our mission to heal body, mind and spirit by investing in technology, people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for quality care. Because we answer to a higher calling.